Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Terametric - Are you Cooking the Social Media Books?

by @KimberlyACole
I read a great post today on socialnetconomy that talked about measuring social media ROI. This topic is near and dear to us at Terametric. This blog pointed out that increasing your Twitter Followers and Facebook Fans by purchasing them may boost your metrics today, but in the long run, you will dilute your true influence and damage your brand reputation. The may be a quick way to “cook the Social Media Books” but what happens the next time you need to give a report to the CMO and your brand identity is suffering?

Personally, I don’t have many followers on Twitter yet, nor do I follow that many people. But the followers I do have (and those that I follow) I have cultivated organically, and I know that the people are real, and are involved in social media. My followers can count on me to deliver quality tweets revolving around social media measurement because that’s what Terametric is all about. This is how you build your brand reputation and it takes time. But it will pay dividends in the long run by ensuring that your voice can be trusted, and your community will be loyal. And after all, that’s what we all strive for, loyal and happy customers.

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE AT TERAMETRIC

No comments:

Post a Comment