Friday, July 8, 2011

Facebook fan pages vs (forthcoming) Google+ pages for business: lessons learned and tips

Article by socialnetconomy Posted on by coccytw on Twitter

While waiting for Google+ business pages (and not only) to be officially open (after they let some brands get in, then blocked them, then re-opened again), I thought it was good to have a look at what happened with Facebook’s most famous fan pages.Especially since we all know this “social networks battle” is not just about social networks.
Also since Facebook is going to have some brands have dedicated offering to their fans, with offers being based on fans’ Klout scores. I actually found something really interesting.

I started my analysis by finding the top 10 brands in a specific sector (I focused my attention on food and beverage) and started with gathering information about their Facebook fans, their twitter followers and their Klout score, since it seems these are the most used reference “numbers”. Interesting enough, while some Facebook fan pages gather over 10M fans, the relevance of their twitter followers and their Klout score seems totally not correlated.
After investigating on how they moved their social media steps, I found every brand has its own strategy and, while some of them have a complete integration between mobile apps, twitter and Facebook page (like, for example Starbucks does), some others stay definitely more simple.

Full story here




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy! Sorry it has taken me so long to get over here! Thank you so MUCH for your comment and the Google info. I will check it out! AND I am going to put a link to your "Business Gifts" Promo Direct website on my "Business" page at Newsandprayer.com (see links on the right) God bless! Wandafay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is essential to add social media to your marketing mix and not totally depend on it as a single marketing strategy. Outsourcing the task to a Social Media Marketing Agency can help you gain a solid online presence.
    see Https://buyrealsocialmarketing.com|try buyrealsocialmarketing.com

    ReplyDelete